Thursday 2 May 2013

Living Below The Line - Day 4 - Lunch

Urgh. I've been so confident about this challenge and I've just hit a brick wall.

I want out.

I've just been for a walk around the continental food market that's come to Sheffield for the weekend and the smells of fresh bread, curries and wild boar burgers have driven me insane as I couldn't have any of it. I didn't even have any of the free samples. That's just wrong.

It doesn't help that my lunch was crap. Although I have been looking forward to this one all week, savoury rice with chopped raw veg and kidney beans is actually a really crap meal. It needs mayo. It needs cheese. Then it would work, but in its current state it's just crap and I haven't even finished the portion that I made up for myself.

What's worse is that I've got another one in the fridge for my lunch tomorrow.

What's even worse is that I'm going to the launch of the new menu at The Beauchief tonight and I won't be able to eat or drink a thing (apart from tap water).

On the bright side I did actually enjoy my breakfast this morning, despite the fact that cheap white bread gives me indigestion.

Lunch - Beans and rice with half can kidney beans (10.5p), half packet of savoury rice (13p) 2 tomatoes (9.08p), 1.5 sticks of celery (4.99p), half carrot (4.65p), 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes (1.25p) 43.47p

No comments:

Post a Comment