Wednesday 1 May 2013

Living Below The Line - Day Three - Lunch

By 'eck it's a good job I like pasta isn't it?! After buying 500g of the stuff I have been determined to make the most of it and so, out of the total five days, I'll have eaten pasta on four of them.

Today I have a little bit of luxury in the form of bacon (Oh my! How I am savouring its saltiness!). Fried off, chopped up and served cold with cooked pasta, one small chopped tomato, a sprig of thyme and some wild garlic this makes for a tasty meal.

In terms of its nutritional value, however, I'm guessing its rather poor. Bacon is a processed meat, one that the government has 'warned us off', and one small tomato and a bit of wild garlic ain't gonna cut it in terms of the vit C that I need for the week. And at 48.54p it's my most expensive lunch, so it's probably not a winning dish, but it's been a bit of a treat.


P.S. Thyme has always been a good friend to me. It's now my best friend. It seems to spruce up ANY dish.

P.P.S I can't upload a photo at the mo, but I will do later.

No comments:

Post a Comment