Sunday 4 January 2015

2014

I started 2014 full of confidence and excitement. I ended it in a state of confusion and anxiety. In some ways 2014 has been a bad year - in others it's been tremendous. One thing that I am quite sure about is that I want to be happy. Sounds obvious right? Yes, but how many of us actually live our lives doing things that make us happy? I'm guessing a lot of us are stuck in the rut of doing things because we feel they're the 'right' thing to do.

Well, throughout 2015 I'm going to concentrate on being happy. My goals are quite simple. I'll be writing for fun a lot more than I have over the past couple of months. That means there will be a lot more blogging going on. I'm also determined to start reading again - I blame my English degree for ruining my love of a good book, but it's time to get back on it. And, I'm going to get a dog. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember and we were going to get one when we moved house, but I convinced myself it wouldn't be the 'right' thing to do.

See, doing the 'right' thing doesn't seem to have got me very far and I'm sick of it. Time to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment