Friday, 18 September 2015

A trip down Kelham Island

Since I've started drinking more beer, Kelham Island has become one of my favourite places to while away an afternoon. So on day two of our 'staycation' we headed down there for a few pints.

We kicked things off with a celebratory breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs - coz we were on our holidays! We even had a glass of fizz with it!


We then headed down to the Kelham Island Tavern where I discovered the amazing M&T News - the monthly magazine of the Sheffield Omnibus Enthusiasts Society. I was just blown away by the level of detail in there!


A lunch at Craft & Dough was as good as ever. I think pizzas are just perfect with beer - tasty and filling.



We rounded off our day at Shakespeares which is probably my favourite pub right now - they just ALWAYS have at least three new things on tap/keg that I want to try. And this time I also dipped into the bottle menu with the Tripel Hopped Duvel.


Back at home we carried on the fun with a Blubus Maximus, which was too sour for my taste, but Gav enjoyed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment