Wednesday 1 April 2015

Bragazzi's, Sheffield

There's no doubting that going out for breakfast is one of life's little luxuries (even if it is a full English in the local cafe). Now, I also quite like the indulgence of easting out alone... so when I found myself alone on Abbeydale Road one Saturday morning I was quite pleased that I'd not had chance to grab breakfast before leaving the house.

It was early for a Saturday (before 9), so a couple of places hadn't opened yet. But, with bistro tables and chairs already set out on the pavement, Bragazzi's was in full swing.

With a warm welcome and a bit of a tour around the day's sandwiches - I was assured that a lunchtime sandwich made quite a breakfast when toasted - I was already feeling pretty special. 

And on finding an unoccupied green leather wingback chair in the corner of the cafe, I really began to enjoy the moment - the peace, the quiet and the fact that someone was preparing a sandwich and a coffee just for me. 

This is why eating alone is so indulgent...


A minute or two later my flat white appeared (yes, this is an Italian cafe, but I can't resist the Kiwi classic). Smooth, yet flavoursome, it was a gentle hit to the start of the day.

I forget what was on my sandwich (the list was too long) but it was mostly mozzarella with a spicy tomato sauce - delicious.

Bliss... I was so happy that I even swore on twitter... and forgot the apostrophe...

For me, Bragazzi's have totally hit the nail on the head. Friendly staff, early opening on a Saturday, warm and comfortable surroundings, efficient service and simple, but well executed, food. 

I was only there for twenty to thirty minutes or so (I had places to go, people to see etc), but I savoured every one of them. And with a bill of around £8 (to include some imported Italian pasta that I'd spotted in their deli section) I think my trip to Bragazzi's was good value for money too.

No comments:

Post a Comment