Tuesday 17 February 2015

Cavendish Gourmet Evening at The Devonshire Cat

In all my time in Sheffield, I'd never eaten in The Devonshire Cat. I knew it as a real ale pub, not really as a dinner option. But when a friend suggested we try the pub's gourmet evening in support of Cavendish Cancer Care, I was happy to give it a go. It was a chance to try somewhere new and, well, if I did end up disappointed, I would be able to take comfort in the fact that it was all for a good cause!

We were scheduled for the last sitting (8.30) so the evening was in full swing when we got there - it's always good to walk into a bustling pub, even better when you know everyone's there to support a local charity.

The three course menu was short and sweet with veggie, fish and meat options for starter and main and a nice selection of desserts. And here's what I had...

Starter - Chicken Livers
Main - Pork Belly

Dessert - Lemon Posset
Well, I know that the pictures aren't great but I hope they give you an idea of how good the food was. It was all beautifully presented and tasted great. We were all impressed - especially given how busy the event was and that we were on the last sitting.

Overall the event was a success, and not just in terms of the food. Over £3,400 was raised for Cavendish Cancer Care too. Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment