Monday 6 October 2014

Review - Premium Classic Series Zester Grater from Microplane

What They Say...
Still a classic, only better. This new version with a premium soft-touch handle and non-scratch end tabs grates even the hardest Parmesan Reggiano as well as other hard cheeses into fine lacy wisps. Ideal for topping your favourite spaghetti and meatballs or a Caesar salad. It's also wonderful for effortless citrus zesting to add natural flavours to a lemon crème brulee or a basic vinaigrette.

Premium Classic Series Zester Grater from Microplane


What I Say...
The Premium Classic Series Zester Grater from Microplane is the best fine grater I have ever used. It's great for zesting, but I probably use it more for grating Parmesan. Thanks its length it works through a chunk of the hard cheese really quickly and the super sharp blade means that you only have to lightly brush the cheese over it.

It produces really fine wisps too - perfect for risottos and dishes where you want the cheese to melt into it.

I'm not totally sure I would fork the £18 that this product seems to retail at - luckily it was bought for me as a house warming gift. Having said that I really do like it and I'd happily recommend it to anyone looking for a top-end zester - I can't imagine there's a better one on the market.

8/10 
Fabulous product, but on the pricey side.

No comments:

Post a Comment