Tuesday 13 December 2011

Mrs Shah's curry

Ok, this is a very quick one. I bought a Mrs Shah's Curry Mix recently at the Sharrow Vale Market. It was the hot variety (we do love a bit of heat) and this is what I did....

I heated some oil in a wok, added a chopped onion and fried it until it started to colour.



I then added the curry mix and stirred it in.


Then went in a tin of tomatoes.


Rather than using chicken, as the pack suggests, I stirred in a pound of mutton (pre-soaked in cold salted water, rinsed and drained), and enough water to cover the meat.


I cooked it all for about 40-50 minutes.  Then I decided to add some more vege to the mix and added 2 bags of fresh spinach.  I then cooked it until the spinach had wilted.


That was it.


It was a little watery so I wouldn't add water as the pack suggests.  Other than that, it was lovely, with a nice level of heat.

Re-heated and served with chips it was even better!

I will buy this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment