Wednesday 17 November 2010

The Beginning?

Those of you who know me know that I am obsessed with food. I will happily while away the hours searching for recipes, shopping for recipe books, drooling over restaurant menus and planning gastronomical holidays. I have my TV box scheduled to record every episode of Come Dine With Me and I am giddy when a favourite restaurant makes the Gordon Ramsay's Best Restaurant series. 

If there's a new restaurant in town then I will know about it and will have already formed a view as to whether I think it's worth a visit. I will try anything at least once, from sushi to foie gras; from chicken feet to pig's head. Whether it's traditional homely cooking, or a nine course culinary delight; I will love every minute.

I love to cook and to play the host, but I am equally happy cooking a private feast all for myself. I don't do ready-meals, I don't do American fast-food and a recent experiment tells me I don't do pig's liver.

In short, I love to live to eat.

Those of you who really know me will know that this blog is about a bit more than food.  For me, it's about new beginnings and making the most of everything. Throughout this blog, you'll learn about my adventures with food. You'll share my experiences of dinning out, of trying new foods, new recipes and you'll learn about my visits to intriguing food stores/markets.  They'll be economical as well as gastronomical experiences to share; something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment